Welcome to the New GoCrimson.com!
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Welcome to the new and improved, GoCrimson.com! The Department of Harvard Athletics, in conjunction with website host PrestoSports, unveiled a newly redesigned site on August 25, 2014.
Harvard was the first Division I athletic program in the country to partner with PrestoSports and is now entering its sixth season with the provider.
The new GoCrimson.com offers fans an updated look and
feel, upgraded usability and user-friendly navigation, including an
increased focus for multiplatform access on tablets and mobile
The redesign has been a concerted effort over the last several months to make visiting GoCrimson.com a better viewing experience for prospective and current student-athletes, fans, community members, alumni, coaches and media.
GoCrimson.com will continue to provide sport schedules and results, video highlights and features, rosters, game previews and recaps, statistics, online guides, player and coach bios and historical information for the nation’s largest intercollegiate athletic program with 42 varsity sports.
Additionally, some of the highlights coming to the new
• Social media feeds for our main accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), allowing for fans to follow along with Crimson news as we post new content.
• Addition of team specific social media links on the sports drop down menu on the navigation bar
• Updated masthead and footer, which will both continue as “sticky bars”, in order to keep the navigation right with the user as they scroll through our site.
• Wide format video players built directly into the feature rotational section with specific sections for video enthusiasts.
• Direct links to box scores, highlights and
secondary links within the lead story viewer, a direct result of
viewer input for quick access to specific material.
• Improved top stories, headlines, video and schedule tabs on the main page and at the top of each sports page to provide direct links to show the latest offerings in those sections.
• The graphics embedded in the footer and elsewhere provide direct links to Harvard's YouTube page, as well as the Ivy League Digital Network, which is entering its second season as the home of multimedia content for the Ancient Eight.
• Updated facility pages, record books and other main pages on our site, including Recruiting and Support Athletics.
• Improved student-athlete bio pages that include game, season and career statistics for each player
• Creation of the Harvard-Yale “The Game”
site and an international competition site, which features news of
Harvard student-athletes and alumni who compete for their
• The scrolling horizontal slide-bar provides quick and unobtrusive links to special promotions and highlighted content.
• The Harvard logo, now centered and enlarged, will
appear on the main navigation bar on every page and will link to
Harvard.edu, cementing our commitment to the integration of
academics and athletics.
• A prominent “Ticket” button at the top of every page will provide one-step online ordering for Crimson fans.
We are excited to launch what we believe to be one of the nation’s top collegiate websites and hope that you, the user, continues to enjoy surfing through our home on the web. Go Crimson!