DURHAM, N.C. – Harvard left-handed
pitcher Brent Suter, who was earlier named the Pitcher of the Year
and Top Pitching Prospect in the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate
League, was today named the second-best prospect in the league by
Suter, a league All-Star chosen to start the midsummer classic as a representative for the Hamilton Joes, was a two-time recipient of the league’s weekly pitching award.
Suter earned the league’s Lou Laslo Pitcher of the Year award as well as its Tony Lucadella Top Pitching Prospect awards as he led Hamilton to a second place finish in the regular season.
In the regular season, Suter owned a league-best 5-0 record and led all starters with a 1.27 earned run average. In a league-high 49.2 innings pitched, he also led the GLL with 47 strikeouts against just 32 hits and nine walks. Opponents batted just .180 against him while managing just six extra base hits.
Full scouting reports for all 230 players who appeared in the rankings are available to subscribers at www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/summer-scene/summer-league-top-prospects/.
Great Lakes League
1. Adam Brett Walker, of, Licking County (So., Jacksonville)
2. Brent Suter, lhp, Hamilton (Jr., Harvard)
3. Ryan Rua, ss, Hamilton (Jr., Lake Erie, Ohio, College)
4. Ryan Jones, 2b, Southern Ohio (So., Michigan State)
5. John McCambridge, of, Licking County (Sr., Xavier)
6. Brennen Glass, rhp, Grand Lake (Sr., Kent State)
7. Seth Streich, rhp, Southern Ohio (So., Ohio)
8. Zach Isler, rhp, Cincinnati (So., Cincinnati)
9. Justin Riddell, of, Lexington (Sr., Cincinnati)
10. J.T. Odom, rhp, Lima (Sr., Mercer)