November 19, 2013
Harvard Football Old Timers Honored with Memorial Bench
The Harvard Football Old Timers Memorial Bench (Gil Talbot).
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard Football Old Timers, representing players in the years following World War II, were honored with a memorial bench dedication ceremony prior to the Crimson's final home game Nov. 16.
The granite bench, located in an inspiring setting in front of Dillon Fieldhouse, is inscribed with the phrase: "In Honor of the Men who Played Football for Harvard Immediately Following World War II."
This includes Harvard football players from the 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949 and 1950 squads.
Jim Kenary '50 and John Coan '49 have served as co-chairs of the Harvard Football Old Timers since 2000. During the ceremony, Kenary and Coan were joined by former teammates, family members and athletic department officials during the dedication of the memorial bench.