Harvard's Christopher Morrow teamed with Logan Weber for a win in No. 3 doubles.
EVANSTON, Ill. – The Harvard men's tennis team (4-3) dropped a 4-0 decision to No. 9 Northwestern on Saturday afternoon at the Combe Tennis Center. The Crimson got off to a promising start in doubles, as Christopher Morrow and Logan Weber teamed to win the first match, defeating Northwestern's Chris Ephron and Michael Lorenzini, 6-3.
But the No. 1 and No. 2 doubles teams for Harvard, Brian Yeung and Kenny Tao, and Jean Thirouin and Michael Peters, were narrowly edged in their matches by matching 6-4 scores.
Harvard will be back in action tomorrow against Boise State at 10:00 a.m.
#9 Northwestern 4, Harvard 0
Feb 04, 2017 at Evanston, Ill. (Combe Tennis Center)
1. #26 Strong Kirchheimer (NU) def. Kenny Tao (HARV) 6-3, 6-3
2. Sam Shropshire (NU) vs. Brian Yeung (HARV) 6-3, 3-6, unfinished
3. Konrad Zieba (NU) def. Jean Thirouin (HARV) 6-1, 6-4
4. Dominik Stary (NU) vs. Andy Zhou (HARV) 6-4, 5-2, unfinished
5. Ben Vandixhorn (NU) vs. Grant Solomon (HARV) 6-4, 6-5, unfinished
6. Jason Seidman (NU) def. Samuel Beren (HARV) 6-1, 6-1
1. Konrad Zieba/Sam Shropshire (NU) def. Brian Yeung/Kenny Tao (HARV) 6-4
2. Dominik Stary/Strong Kirchheimer (NU) def. Jean Thirouin/Michael Peters (HARV) 6-4
3. Christopher Morrow/Logan Weber (HARV) def. Chris Ephron/Michael Lorenzini (NU) 6-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (6,3,1)