Harvard Women's Golf Mission Statement
Our Mission is to educate tomorrow’s leaders.
Our Vision is to inspire “how do they do that?” among all who encounter Harvard Golf.
Our Guiding Principles define our actions. Actions define our character.
- Be process-focused: Winners focus on process; others focus on results.
- Act with integrity: Play by the rules on and off the course.
- Be positive inwardly and outwardly: We become what we think of ourselves.
Operating Principles: In order accomplish our Mission and provide an outstanding experience for team members we will . . .
Attract tomorrow’s leaders by recruiting outstanding student-athletes who
- Are representative of the Harvard student body.
- Are able to help our program achieve our goals.
- Have the desire & commitment to be their best as a college athlete.
- Have leadership and a preference to help others accomplish their goals.
Educate tomorrow’s leaders via development and discovery.
- Discover who we are, what we really want & what allows us to be our best.
- Educate via the lessons where sport mirrors life.
- Develop life skills through balancing & excelling in multiple priorities.
- Discover the value of achieving goals via process focus.
- Educate by measuring progress, encouraging valid self-reflection and providing feedback.
Team Culture: The best teams are self-managed with self-sufficient members.
- Prioritize team by taking care of your own business to do your best.
- The whole is greater than the sum of its parts when individuals sacrifice for the team, know their role and play their role.
- Everyone evolves toward being in their IPS on every shot.
- Teammates have confidence in each others’ commitment to process.
- Team members do their best to bring out the best in their teammates.
Process Mastery requires desire, belief, confidence and commitment.
- Success is peace of mind knowing we gave our best effort.
- Confidence is the willingness to put in the effort needed to succeed.
- Desire is the quality that differentiates the best from the others.
- Belief must accompany desire in order to have confidence & commitment.