Audrey Todd netted three second-half goals (Gil Talbot).
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Audrey Todd scored a career-high four goals and had a career-best six points, while goalie Kelly Weis made seven saves as the Harvard women's lacrosse team topped local rival Boston University, 11-6, at Harvard Stadium Wednesday evening.
Marisa Romeo tacked on a hat trick, while Alexis Nicolia had three draw control and two points for the Crimson, who improves to 8-5 overall. Harvard, which clinches a winning record for the regular season, owned the edge in ground balls, 14-11, and draw controls, 10-9, against the Terriers (6-9).
Tory Waldstein paced the Crimson with five ground balls, as Harvard held BU to only two goals in the second half. Elizabeth Morse, Lindsay Weiner and Mallory Collins each netted two goals for the Terriers. Caroline Meegan stopped five shots in net for BU.
- Audrey Todd established new career-highs with four goals and six points.
- Tory Waldstein grabbed a career-best five ground balls.
- Marisa Romeo recorded the ninth hat trick of the season.
- Harvard was 14-of-15 on clear attempts and has had at least 10 successful clears in all 13 games.
- Four Harvard players caused turnovers.
- The Crimson led in ground balls, 14-11, and draw controls, 10-9, while shots were even, 22-22.
- Harvard scored six of the game's final eight goals.
- Kelly Weis held opponents under 10 goals for the ninth time this season.
- Harvard improves to 5-2 at home and 5-3 in non-conference contests.
- The Crimson clinches its first winning regular season record since 2012.
- A freshman has led Harvard in scoring in 11 of the first 13 games.
- Marisa Romeo now leads Harvard with 42 goals and 48 points. Romeo has scored 28 of those goals in non-conference games.
- Romeo needs six goals to move into an 11th place tie for most tallies in a single season in school history.
- Romeo extended her point scoring streak to 13 games.
- Kelly Weis now boasts a 9.34 goals-against average and .480 save percentage for the year.
- Harvard improves to 13-11 all-time against Boston University.
- After BU tied the game, 1-1, at 22:53 of the first half, the Crimson went on a 3-0 run, going up, 4-1, at the 12:22 mark.
- The Terriers got back within one goal twice, 4-3 (10:51) and 5-4 (5:44), but the Crimson scored the final goal of the first half (4:09) and first of the second stanza (27:30) to go up, 7-4.
- The Crimson netted four of the game's last six goals over the final 27:11.
Lead Changes: None
Largest Leads: Harvard – five (twice) – 2nd: 4:57, 0:22, Boston University - none
Harvard visits Columbia Saturday, April 19 at 1 p.m.