ACADEMIC INTEGRATION COMPETITIVE EXCELLENCE

IN DIVISION I ATHLETICS

 

Sheeleigh Nominated for Soccer News Net Player of the Year

Pictured: Katherine Sheeleigh led Harvard in scoring with 21 points.
Photo courtesy: David Silverman Photography


Vote for Sheeleigh!

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Junior forward Katherine Sheeleigh of the Harvard women's soccer team has been nominated for Soccer News Net Player of the Year, the publication recently announced.

Sheeleigh, an All-Ivy League first team honoree for three straight seasons, led Harvard with 21 points and eight goals this year.  She was third in the Ivy League in points and was fourth in goals.  Sheeleigh, who hails from New Vernon, N.J., was also second on the Crimson with five assists and paced the squad with four game-winning tallies.  With her continued scoring touch this fall, Sheeleigh now ranks tied for seventh in program history with 22 career goals and stands ninth with 54 points.

She helped Harvard clinch its second straight Ivy League title and automatic berth in the NCAA tournament by netting two goals in the Crimson's 2-1 win over Dartmouth Oct. 31. Sheeleigh also earned recognition on the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District third team this fall.

Fans can now vote for Sheeleigh for Soccer News Net Player of the Year.  Fan voting counts for 40 percent of the total votes counted in selecting the national and regional winners.  The remaining 60 percent of the vote will be cast by the editorial staffs of the six regional websites (Big Apple Soccer, ChicagoLand Soccer News, LA Soccer News, New England Soccer News, Philly Soccer News and Dallas Soccer News).  Voting continues until Dec. 19. 

Fans can vote for Sheeleigh here.