Samantha Rosekrans paired up with Holly
Cao in the No. 1 doubles match (photo courtesy of
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Harvard women's tennis team beat Boston College, 6-1, Saturday afternoon at the Murr Center Tennis Courts.
In the first doubles match of the afternoon, the freshmen pair of Hideko Tachibana and Kristin Norton handed Boston College’s Katharine Attwell and Brittany Delany an 8-3 defeat. The duo of sophomore Holly Cao and junior Samantha Rosekrans clinched the doubles point for Harvard with an 8-4 win over Alex Kelleher and Olga Khmylev. In the No. 3 matchup, sophomore Samantha Gridley and freshman Sophie Chang beat Jacqueline Mabata and Ina Kauppila, 8-4.
In singles play, the Crimson won five out of six matches en route to the victory. Chang finished first for Harvard in the No. 5 spot, defeating Elizabeth Workman, 6-1, 6-0. Tachibana beat Khymlev in the No. 2 position, 6-2, 6-2. In the No. 4 match, Rosekrans fell to Kauppila, 6-4, 6-0. Gridley and Norton picked up the final two wins for the Crimson. Gridley defeated Mabatah, 6-1, 6-2, and Norton handed Attwell a 6-3, 7-5, loss.
Harvard hosts the ECAC
Tournament Feb. 12-14 at the Murr Center Tennis Courts.
1. Holly Cao (Harvard) def. Alex Kelleher (BC) 7-5, 6-1
2. Hideko Tachibana (Harvard) def. Olga Khmylev (BC) 6-2, 6-2
3. Kristin Norton (Harvard) def. Katharine Attwell (BC) 6-3, 7-5
4. Ina Kauppila (BC) def. Samantha Rosekrans (Harvard) 6-4, 6-0
5. Sophie Chang (Harvard) def. Elizabeth Workman (BC) 6-1, 6-0
6. Samantha Gridley (Harvard) def. Jacqueline Mabatah (BC) 6-1, 6-2
1. Cao/Rosekrans def. Kelleher/Khmylev 8-4
2. Tachibana/Norton def. Attwell/Delaney 8-3
3. Gridley/Chang def. Mabatah/Kauppila 8-4
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles: (5,2,4,1,6,3)