Oosterhout continued on her winning streak, besting Lord in three (Gil Talbot).
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's tennis team concluded play at the ECAC Indoor Championships against Brown. Harvard (4-4, 1-1 Ivy League) was unable to pass the Bears, falling, 4-1.
Erica Oosterhout paced the Crimson with a 1-6, 6-2, 6-4 win over Danya Lord in the No. 1 position. Despite coming back in the second set, Jenna Friedel was not able to finish her tiebreaker against Maddie Stearns in the third position. Annika Ringblom saw similar circumstances in the fifth position, and was unable to finish her singles match against Katie Ta in the fifth position.
Harvard will return to action on February 25th against Boston University. The first serve is set for 11 a.m. and the matches will be streamed on the Ivy League Digital Network.
Full Results: Brown 4, Harvard 1
1. Lord/Benotto (Brown) def. Lee/Oosterhout (Harvard), 6-1
2. Stearns/ Chamdani (Brown) def. Lu/Gonzalez, 6-4
3. Ringblom/Xiong (Harvard) def. Ta/Cosme (Brown), 6-1
1. Oosterhout (Harvard) def. Lord (Brown), 1-6, 6-2, 6-4
2. Benotto (Brown) def. Lee, 6-3, 6-1
3. Friedel (Harvard) vs Stearns (Brown), DNF
4. Jack (Brown) def. Lu (Harvard), 6-4, 7-6
5. Ringblom (Harvard) vs Ta (Brown), DNF
6. Cosme (Brown) def. Gonzalez (Harvard), 6-2, 3-6, 6-1