CAMBRIDGE, Mass.– The Harvard baseball team kicks off its season with a four-game road trip against Wofford, beginning Friday at 7 p.m at Russell C. King Field. The series features a Saturday doubleheader commencing at 2 p.m., with the final matchup taking place Sunday at 1 p.m. All four games will be broadcast on the SoCon Digital Network.
Friday – RHP Hunter Bigge (29.2 IP, 3.03 ERA, 3 SV) vs. Austin Higginbotham (2019: 11 IP, 1-1, 7.36 ERA)
Saturday, Game 1 – RHP Buddy Hayward (40 IP, 4.27 ERA, 47 K) vs. LHP Hayes Heinecke (2019: 6.1 IP, 1-0, 5.68 ERA)
Saturday, Game 2 – RHP Ian Miller (2016-17: 61 IP, 4.87 ERA, 44 K) vs. TBA
Sunday – RHP Kevin Stone (47.2 IP, 8.12 ERA, 23 K) vs. RHP Cameron Bloodworth (2019: 6.2 IP, 1-1, 6.75 ERA)
Statistics from 2017-18 season unless noted otherwise
What to Know:
- The Crimson finished last season with a 22-20 record, concluding the season fourth in the Ivy League with a 12-9 conference mark. The team earned the program's most wins since the 2004-05 season.
- The team was voted to finish fifth in the Ivy League Preseason Poll, as announced by the conference on Feb. 13.
- Harvard returns 27 players from last year's team, led by senior captains Jake Allen and Chase Aldridge.
- Junior Hunter Bigge begins the season listed No. 143 in D1Baseball.com's College Top-150 Prospect List. He was the only Ivy League player to be listed. Bigge owns a career batting average of .273 with four homeruns and 22 RBIs. On the mound, Bigge has struck out 44 batters in 44.2 total innings, adding four saves.
- The team welcomes eight first-years to the squad set to make an impact including, four pitchers and four position players.
The Crimson will travel down south again next weekend, taking on Radford in a four-game series, beginning March 8 at 4 p.m. at Carter Memorial Stadium.