CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Harvard baseball team (5-3) travels to Port Charlotte, Florida, for four games as part of the Snowbird Classic, beginning on Friday, March 15 against Seton Hall (2-9) at 1:30 p.m. The weekend continues with a Saturday doubleheader against Seton Hall at 10 a.m., followed by Saint Joseph's (3-9) at 1:30 p.m. The weekend concludes on Sunday against Saint Joseph's at 10 a.m.
How to Follow:
Twitter - @HarvardBaseball
Instagram - @HarvardBaseball
Friday (Seton Hall) – RHP Ian Miller (11 IP, 1-0, 3.27 ERA, 12 K) vs. TBA
Saturday, Game 1 (Seton Hall) – RHP Hunter Bigge (8.2 IP, 0-1, 11.42 ERA, 14 K) vs. TBA
Saturday, Game 2 (Saint Joseph's) – RHP Buddy Hayward (11.0 IP, 1-1, 5.73 ERA, 6 K) vs. RHP Cole Stetzar (14.2 IP, 0-2, 1.84 ERA, 7 K)
Sunday (Saint Joseph's) – RHP Kevin Stone (10 IP, 1-1, 6.30 ERA, 3 K) vs. RHP Jake Meyers (15 IP, 1-1, 4.80 ERA, 14 K)
What to Know:
- Harvard enters the weekend coming off the first series victory of the year, taking three of four from Radford.
- Senior Pat McColl enters this series after his second-straight Ivy League Player of the Week award, bashing two home runs and hitting .563 (9-16) in the Radford series.
- Following McColl in the lineup, junior Jake Suddleson is also swinging a hot bat, batting .400 (12-30) with two home runs and a team-leading 10 RBIs.
- Sophomore Buddy Hayward toes the rubber in the team's third game after pitching all seven innings and earning a win against Radford.
- Junior closer Kieran Shaw has allowed just one hit, zero runs and has totaled three saves in three appearances.
The Crimson will play Rutgers in a mid-week matchup on Wednesday, before traveling to Penn to begin Ivy League play with a three-game weekend.