First-year Rachel Greenwood scored to help lift Harvard past Bryant. (Gil Talbot)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – No. 12 Harvard field hockey (9-1) earned its sixth straight win with a 2-0 victory over Bryant (2-9) on Sunday (Sept. 30) at Berylson Field.
Harvard enjoyed a 10-0 advantage on penalty corners and dominated possession for long stretches of the game.
Greenwood scored her first goal for Harvard early in the second half, lifting a shot over the pad of Bryant goalkeeper Marijn Jaarsma (14 saves) at 39:10. Harvard goalkeeper Libby Manela earned the win to improve to 4-0 on the season.
- Senior Olivia Allin matched her career high with her third goal of the season
- First-year Rachel Greenwood is the third different Harvard first-year to score this season (Kiley Allen, Olivia Hoover)
- Junior Casey Allen leads Harvard with eight assists, a new career high.
- Harvard is off to its best 10-game start in program history.
- Harvard is now 7-1 in the all-time series against Bryant and has won the last three meetings.
- The Crimson is 5-0 this season at Berylson Field, outscoring opponents by a combined score of 18-0
Harvard will continue Ivy League play at Brown next Friday (4 p.m.) before heading across town to play Boston University on Sunday (2 p.m.).