Rachel Greenwood scored her second career goal to help the Crimson earn a 2-0 win at No. 23 BU. (Gil Talbot)
BOSTON, Mass. – No. 11 Harvard field hockey (scored twice in a span of 3:07 midway through the second half to help the Crimson earn a 2-0 win over No. 23 Boston University on Sunday afternoon.
With the victory, Harvard has now won eight straight contests, matching a school-record winning streak set in 2016.
Junior Maddie Earle scored her ninth goal of the season at 54:20, capitalizing on a BU turnover in the circle to help the Crimson take a 1-0 lead.
Then minutes later, first-year Rachel Greenwood put the Crimson up by two to help seal the win for Harvard.
First-year goalkeeper Ellie Shahbo made two saves to earn her third shutout of the season and improve to 5-1 on the year.
For the game, Harvard outshot BU 17-6, with a 6-1 margin on penalty corners.
- Junior Maddie Earle is now tied with Bente van Vlijmen for the team lead in goals (9) and has seven goals in her last six game.
- First-year Rachel Greenwood (two goals, assist) has points in her last three games.
- Harvard has won the last three contests in the series against Boston University.
- Harvard is 2-1 in games against opponents ranked in the Penn Monto/NFHCA Division 1 Coaches Poll.
- The Crimson has outshot its opponents in 11 of 12 games.
Harvard will host Cornell next Saturday, Oct. 13 (12 p.m.) at Berylson Field. The game will air on ESPN+.