CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – For the fourth consecutive year, the Harvard men's golf team begins the year with at The Doc Gimmler hosted by St. John's on Sept. 8-9. The two-day, 54-hole, 14-team tournament will be held Saturday and Sunday at the Bethpage State Park Red Course in Farmingdale, N.Y.
How To Follow
Live Results: Golf Stat
The field consists of 14 teams from Connecticut, Hartford, Harvard, Hofstra, Iona, Johnson & Wales (FL), Loyola – Maryland, Manhattan, Navy, Rhode Island, St. John's, Towson, Villanova, and Yale as well as 27 individual entries.
What To Know
- The Course: Bethpage State Park Red, par 70, 7,092 yards.
- Harvard finished fifth at last year's Doc Gimmler with a two-day, 54-hole aggregate score of 851 (283-283-285).
- Rij Patel registered a career low in the second round, turning in a scorecard of a one-under par, 69, at last year's tournament.
- Peter George competed for the Crimson as an individual, carding an overall, three-round score of 224 (78-74-72).
- Harvard's best finish The Doc Gimmler came in 2013-14 when it finished second with a three-round aggregate score of 836 (276-278-282).
At The Helm
Kevin Rhoads, The Bobby Jones '24 Coach for Harvard Men's Golf, enters his seventh season at the helm of the Harvard men's golf program. Under his leadership, the Crimson have won back-to-back Ivy League Championships in 2016 and 2017, while being named the Ivy League Coach of the Year.
Harvard returns to the links on Sept. 22-23 at Dartmouth's Quechee Invitational.