(photo credit Gil Talbot)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard men's soccer team returns to Jordan Field this Thursday (Sept. 6) to host #22 UMass Lowell. Game time is set for 7 p.m. and the matchup will be broadcast on ESPN+ and NESN. Admission is free for all fans.
How to Follow
Broadcast: ESPN+ and NESN (Talent: Bill Spaulding, Ben Altsher), International Platform
Live Stats: vs. #22 UMass Lowell
Sepcial Events: Crimson Kickoff (details below)
What to Know
- Harvard is 1-1 on the season after defeating Providence 2-1 on Monday night at Jordan Field.
- Four different players have scored goals on the season, including Alex Debayo-Doherty and Jack Miler who scored their first career goals against Albany and Providence respectively.
- Paolo Belloni-Urso has added assists in both of the Crimson's games this season.
- Matt Freese earned his first career win on Monday night and has nine total saves on the season.
- Harvard has scored four goals on eight shots on net this season.
- Harvard assistant coach Francesco D'Agostino's brother, Tomasso, is an assistant coach for UMass Lowell.
- Harvard Athletics will host the Crimson Kickoff prior to Thursday's contest.
At the Helm
Pieter Lehrer, The Virginia B. and James O. Welch Jr. '52 Head Coach for Harvard Men's Soccer, enters his sixth season at the helm of the Crimson in 2018. Prior to the 2018 season, Lehrer has amassed a 39-31-12 overall record while going 19-9-5 in Ivy League play and has led Harvard to a top three conference finish in three of the last five seasons.
Harvard will hit the road this weekend to take on Hofstra at 1 p.m. on Sunday.