CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Alfred Perez's goal in the 59th minute lifted the Harvard men's soccer team (3-5-0, 1-0-0 Ivy) over Ivy League rival Yale (4-3-1, 0-1-0 Ivy) on Saturday afternoon at Jordan Field. The 1-0 victory extends the Crimson's unbeaten streak against the Bulldogs to five matches and the Elis have not been successful in Cambridge since 2004.
In addition to Perez's score, Taner Dogan, Paolo Belloni-Urso and Philip Hausen put shots on goal while Nico Garcia-Morillo ripped a shot just high late in the first half. Matt Freese recorded three saves in net, improving his season record to 3-1-0.
- Alfred Perez scored his second goal of the season.
- Eight different players saw action for all 90 minutes.
- Four of Harvard's five shots were on target.
- The Crimson improves to 55-38-12 all-time against the Bulldogs.
- Harvard is unbeaten against Yale since 2013.
- The Bulldogs have not won in Cambridge since 2004.
The Crimson will travel to New Hampshire for a non-conference tilt on Tuesday, Oct. 2. Game time is set for 7 p.m.