(photo credit Monica Crenier)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard men's soccer team will continue conference action this Saturday, Oct. 6, against No. 24 Cornell. The Crimson will host the Big Red at Jordan Field with game time set for 4 p.m. The matchup will also be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Harvard leads the all-time series with Cornell 41-23-15 and is 4-1 in the last five meetings with the Big Red.
- Sam Brown and Cesar Farias Jr. have both found the back of the net against Cornell.
- Paolo Belloni-Urso is tied for second in the Ivy League with three assists.
- Matt Freese ranks third in the Ivy League in save percentage (.792) and saves per game (3.80)
- Harvard is tied with Columbia and Cornell with a 1-0 conference record.
At the Helm
Pieter Lehrer, The Virginia B. and James O. Welch Jr. '52 Head Coach for Harvard Men's Soccer, enters his sixth season at the helm of the Crimson in 2018. Prior to the 2018 season, Lehrer has amassed a 39-31-12 overall record while going 19-9-5 in Ivy League play and has led Harvard to a top three conference finish in three of the last five seasons.
The Crimson will enter a five-game road swing beginning with Boston College on Tuesday, Oct. 9. Game time is set for 7 p.m.