The Crimson wins fourth-straight match. (Zack Williamson)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – No. 6 Harvard men's squash battled No. 7 Cornell, early Saturday afternoon, coming out on top 7-2. Outside the Crimson's losses at the No. 1 and No. 6 positions, only one game was surrendered.
Senior captain Tyler Olson, pushed his record to an impressive 7-0, but not without fight. Olson dropped the first game of the match, but stood strong and took the next three to secure the a 3-1 victory at the No. 7 position.
Harvard returns to action tomorrow, Sunday, Feb. 1, at noon to take on No. 3 Columbia for the top spot in the Ivy League standings. Make sure to watch all the action live on the Ivy League Digital Network.
Harvard 7, Cornell 2
1. Jagtap def. Dhingra (3-0)
2. Murray def. Obieta-Chichzola - (3-0)
3. Smith def. Freeman - (3-0)
4. Koh def. Runersjo - (3-0)
5. McLaughlin def. Flannery - (3-0)
6. Dietz def. Roberts - (3-0)
7. Olson def. Brail - (3-1)
8. Eleinen def. Jones - (3-0)
9. Goldberg def. Stone - (3-0)