The Crimson wins fifth-straight match. (Zack Williamson)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – No. 6 Harvard men's squash took on No. 3 Columbia, early Sunday afternoon, coming out on top, 6-3. With the win, the Crimson now sits atop the Ivy League standings.
The middle of Harvard's line up was strong against the Lions, winning at positions No. 3-6. Devin McLaughlin led the way for the group picking up the only 3-0 sweep at the No. 6 position.
The bottom of the lineup, senior captain Tyler Olson and freshman Seif Eleinen were victorious at the No 8. and No. 9 positions, respectively. Olson moves to a team best 6-0 and Eleinen pushed his record to 4-0.
The Crimson is back in action Friday, Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. against Yale on the Barnaby Courts.
Harvard 6, Columbia 3
1. Ra. Tandon def. Dhingra (3-0)
2. Khalifa def. Murray - (3-0)
3. Smith def. Attia - (3-2)
4. Koh def. Ri. Tandon - (3-1)
5. Ryan def. Maksoud - (3-1)
6. McLaughlin def. Sekhar - (3-0)
7. D. Saleem def. Roberts - (3-0)
8. Olson def. A. Saleem - (3-1)
9. Eleinen def. Gill - (3-0)