CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – In the 30th meeting between Harvard and Brown, the Crimson came out on top for its 30th consecutive victory over the Bears. Harvard (11-0, 5-0 Ivy) is now one win away from clinching at least a share of the Ivy League title. The Crimson's 9-0 win gave the team its seventh shutout of 2019-20.
The action got started at the first pairing where Victor Crouin defeated his opponent, 3-0, to remain undefeated on the season. George Crowne followed suit with a shutout win of his own at the fifth grouping. Liam Rotzoll gave Harvard a 3-0 lead after outscoring his opponent 33-21 at the seventh matchup.
Wins by Marwan Tarek and Adam Corcoran clinched the match for Harvard at 5-0. Saadeldin Abouaish, Samuel Scherl, John Finley Ong and Liam Waterous all added victories to bring Harvard's total to nine.
- Harvard outscored the Bears, 27-1.
- Samuel Scherl and Saadeldin Abouaish won their 11th matches of the season to keep their perfect seasons alive with a pair of 3-0 wins.
- Scherl extended his dual-match win streak to 27, a team high.
- Abouaish also extended his personal win streak to 22 matches.
- The Crimson remains unbeaten at the top six positions in the lineup, posting a record of 66-0.
- Harvard earned its 16th-straight win on its home courts.
- The nation's top-ranked team is now a combined 96-3 in individual matches in 2019-20.
Harvard travels down I-84 to New Haven, Connecticut for a matchup with No. 4 Yale. A win would give Harvard at least a share of the Ivy League title. Match time is set for 12 p.m., and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Harvard – 9, Brown – 0
- Victor Crouin def. Maximo Moyer, 3-0 (11-5, 11-5, 11-1)
- Marwan Tarek def. Grant Sterman, 3-1 (11-4, 11-6, 9-11, 11-1)
- Saadeldin Abouaish def. Andrew Wei, 3-0 (11-3,
- Samuel Scherl def. Declan McCarthy, 3-0 (11-3,
- George Crowne def. Ahmed (chotoo) Amin, 3-0 (11-4, 11-6, 11-8)
- Adam Corcoran def. Harrison Boyer, 3-0 (11-3, 11-8, 11-5)
- Liam Rotzoll def. Nicholas Pitaro, 3-0 (11-6, 11-6, 11-9)
- John Finley Ong def. Blake Gilbert-Bono, 3-0 (11-4, 11-6, 13-11)
- Liam Waterous def. Raghav Pemmireddy, 3-0 (11-9, 11-7, 11-4)