CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard men's volleyball fell in a long five-set match to No. 11 Ball State on Friday night at the Malkin Athletic Center, despite 20 kills from sophomore Griffin Schmit. Schmit led the Crimson with his match-high 20 kills, along with a .300 hitting percentage and three digs.
Junior setter Matthew Ctvrtlik handed out 46 assists on the night, besting his career-high against Alderson Broaddus on February 4, 2017.
Ctvrtlik also led the defense, tying his career high with two block solos while also recording six digs. Johnsson had a team-high seven digs throughout the five-set match.
- Both Griffin Schmit (20) and Eric Li (16) set new career-highs in kills.
- Matthew Ctvrtlik set a new career-high with 46 assists on the night, averaging 9.20 assists per set.
- Eric Li also set a career-high with a .423 hitting percentage.
- Harvard falls to 1-4 all-time against Ball State.
- Six Harvard student-athletes had three or more kills.
The Crimson is back for another non-conference matchup against Purdue Fort Wayne on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7 p.m.