CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Harvard men's volleyball dropped a five-set match to EIVA-opponent St. Francis (Pa.), 3-2. The Crimson won the first two sets 25-18 and 25-19 before dropping the next three 25-19, 25-23 and 16-14.
Defensively, Harvard was led by its front line, who totaled 12 blocks. Leading the team was first-year Ryan Hong and senior Trevor Dow, who had six and five blocks, respectively. Hong also added one solo block while Dow had two. Sophomore Griffin Schmit and Ctvrtlik also had multiple blocks. Both had three block assists, while Ctvrtlik added a solo block.
- Campbell Schoenfeld hit 12 kills on the day. It's his sixth-straight match with double-digit kills.
- With his five blocks today, Trevor Dow moves into fourth all-time in total blocks with 297.
- Matthew Ctvrtlik had nine kills on 12 attacks and one error for a .667 hitting percentage.
- We are now 12-8 all-time vs. Saint Francis (Pa.)
- Harvard hit a game-high .467 in the second set.
Harvard is back next weekend for matches against Princeton on Friday, April 5 at 7 p.m. and NJIT on Saturday, April 6 at 6 p.m.