CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Harvard men's volleyball team will travel to Sacred Heart for its first EIVA match of the season on Friday, Jan. 31 at 6 p.m. After taking on the undefeated Pioneers, the Crimson will return to the Malkin Athletic Center for its home opener against St. Francis Brooklyn on Sunday, Feb. 2 at 4 p.m. Against Sacred Heart, the match will be broadcast on NEC Front Row while Harvard's home match will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- The Crimson is coming off a 3-1 victory over Daemen, which saw the team come back from an 1-0 deficit for the win.
- Harvard leads the series against Sacred Heart 32-8 and has won its last five matchups against the Pioneers.
- This will be the inaugural meeting between the Crimson and the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers.
- First-year Ethan McCrary currently leads the EIVA with a .462 hitting percentage and totaled 11 kills and zero errors against No. 8 Pepperdine on Jan. 15.
- Defensively, senior Chase Howard leads the team in digs with 37 while Ryan Hong has totaled a team-high 11 blocks.
At the Helm
Head coach Brian Baise enters his 12th season at the helm of the Harvard men's volleyball program. Baise holds a 121-113 record during his time in Cambridge, including five top-three EIVA Tournament finishes in the past eight years and an NCAA Tournament appearance in 2018.
The Crimson will remain at home for contests against Barton and Mount Olive on Feb. 7 and 8, respectively. Both matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.