CAMBRIDGE, Mass.- The Harvard women's softball team kicks off the 2019 season in Jacksonville, Florida with five games at the Jacksonville Classic Feb. 22-24.
How to Follow
When: Feb. 22-24
Where: Debbie & Fred Pruitt Softball Complex
Opening up season and tournament play Friday, Feb. 22, the Crimson takes on LIU-Brooklyn at 1 p.m. before its first contest against host Jacksonville at 6 p.m. Game action continues the following day against Delaware at 10:30 a.m. followed by a final matchup against the Dolphins at 3:30 p.m. Before returning to Cambridge, the Crimson concludes the tournament in a rematch with the Blue Hens, Sunday, Feb. 24 at 9 a.m.
Prior to the season, Harvard was picked first in the Ivy League pre-season poll with 10 first place votes and 120 total points followed by Dartmouth, Columbia, Penn, Princeton, Cornell, Yale and Brown.
What to Know
- The Crimson returns 12 members from last year's Ivy League Championship team, including first-team NFCA All-Region selections Katie Duncan, Rhianna Rich and Meagan Lantz.
- The contests against Delaware mark the first time both teams will meet in program history.
- Harvard last faced Jacksonville in 2016 and captured an 11-5 win over the Dolphins to tie the series 1-1.
- Rhianna Rich led the team last year with a .436 batting average, while Meagan Lantz tallied a .358 average.
- Last year Katie Duncan posted a 3.17 ERA over her 32 game appearances while striking out 82 batters at the plate.
Harvard continues its road venture to Washington D.C. to take on the District Classic hosted by Georgetown March 2-3.