CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard outdoor track and field will be sending 13 student-athletes to the NCAA East Preliminary Meet in Jacksonville, Fla. From May 23-25. The meet will begin at 12 p.m. on both Thursday and Friday, while starting at 2:45 p.m. on Saturday.
What to Know
- First-year Sam Welsh is coming off an incredible performance at Outdoor Heps. He was named Male Co-Field Athlete of the Meet after winning the discus, throwing a 58.88m (193-2) mark and placing second in the shot put. The discus throw is the second-best in program history and gives him the fifth-best mark in the NCAA East region this season.
- Maya Miklos won the 400m hurdles Heps title with a time of 58.05 – the fourth-fastest time in program history. The time gives her the 14th-best NCAA East time this year.
- Myles Marshall is coming off an indoor/outdoor Ivy League sweep of the 800m, running a time of 1:48.23 to seal the individual title at outdoor Heps. The time is tied for the 10th-best in the NCAA East region this season.
- Lisa Tertsch is currently 16th in the NCAA East region in the women's 5000m with her time of 16:03.15 from the Penn Relays. Tertsch is coming off an impressive outdoor Heps where she won the 5000m and 10,000m races.
- Kieran Tunitvate's 28:45.61 from the Raleigh Relays is good for seventh in the region in the 10,000m.
Those who qualify will head to Austin, Texas for the NCAA Championships from June 5-8.