ITHACA, N.Y. – Five Harvard scorers reached double figures, including the fourth double-double of the season for sophomore Jeannie Boehm and a career-high 12 points from junior Nani Redford, as the Crimson women's basketball team (17-9, 9-4 Ivy) stormed past Cornell (6-20, 2-11 Ivy), 91-57, Saturday afternoon.
Boehm finished with 15 points, 10 boards, three blocks and three assists. Sophomore Katie Benzan led all scorers with 18 points and seven helpers. Along with Redford's 12 points, junior Madeline Raster scored 14 and senior Taylor Rooks had 12. As a team, Harvard shot 62.1 percent (36-of-58) from the floor and 55 percent (11-of-20) from 3-point range.
Cornell hung with the Crimson in the opening quarter, but triples from Raster and Benzan late in the frame gave Harvard a 19-18 lead after 10 minutes of play. Harvard used a 12-0 run over a 5:01 span in the second period to take control of the game. Sydney Skinner set up Raster for a 3-pointer to start the run and Boehm completed an and-one play to add to the lead. Redford extended Harvard's lead to 49-29 with 23 second left in the half when she sank a pair of free throws.
Harvard kept pushing in the third quarter and was ahead 22 points heading to the fourth after Raster swished a jumper in the waning seconds. The Crimson outscored the Big Red in the fourth, 30-13, to run away with the 91-57 victory. Junior Kelsey Bogdan scored five points down the stretch to punctuate the win.
- Harvard shot 62.3 percent from the field, its best shooting game of the season.
- Jeannie Boehm's 15 points and 10 boards represented her fourth double-double this season.
- Grace Tworek had two blocks, her first two rejections of her career. Harvard had seven blocks in the game, while Cornell had none.
- The 91 points was the second-highest for Harvard this season.
- With the win, Harvard has swept Cornell this season and is now 67-12 all-time against the Big Red.
Harvard closes out the regular season Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. in New York City taking on Columbia on the Ivy League Network.