WALTHAM, Mass.- Women's Fencing swept the competition going 4-0 at the Brandeis Invitational.
The foil squad lead the way for the Crimson posting a 29-7 record across the four rounds, including two one loss rounds against MIT and Brandeis.
Junior epeeist Cindy Gao posted a team best 11-1 record with a plus-30 touch differential across the four rounds.
- Junior epeeist Cindy Gao won nine straight bouts stretching to finish out her day on the strip.
- First years Maria Theodore and Karina Wang combined to go 15-4 throughout competition.
- The Crimson went 4-0 at Brandeis defeating the likes of University of Incarnate Word, MIT, Brandeis and Boston College.
- Harvard leads UIW series all time 1-0. The Crimson lead the MIT series all time 34-12 along with leading Brandeis 36-6. Harvard remains undefeated against Boston College 22-0
- Harvard moves to 7-3 on the year.
Harvard 18 UIW 8
Sabre: 6-2; Foil: 6-3; Epee: 6-3
Harvard 18 MIT 9
Sabre: 5-4; Foil: 8-1; Epee:5-4
Harvard 19 Brandeis 8
Sabre: 5-4; Foil: 8-1; Epee: 6-3
Harvard 16 BC 11
Sabre: 4-5; Foil: 7-2; Epee: 5-4
Sabre Squad (21-13)
Maria Theodore- 10-2
Marta Lasota- 9-3
Foil Squad (29-7)
Natalie Yang- 8-1
Melissa Du- 7-3
Cynthia Liu- 9-1
Karina Wang- 5-2
Epee Squad (22-14)
Cindy Gao- 11-1
Catherine Beddingfield- 1-2
Saanchi Kukadia- 10-2
The Crimson return to Cambridge for matchups with Wellesley and Tufts on Thursday, Dec. 5. The meet is set to be broadcast on ESPN+.