CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Lining up putts for the final time before the turn of the calendar, Harvard women's golf will travel to Rehoboth Beach Country Club Oct. 19-20 for the UD Lady Blue Hen Invitational.
Setting the Scene
Rehoboth Beach Country Club is set up for a par of 72, with tees spanning 6,126 yards. The Crimson will take on Albany, Dartmouth, Delaware State, Oklahoma City, Seton Hall and the host, Delaware.
How to Follow
Scoring Updates: GolfStat.com
What to Know
- Harvard opened the fall campaign in style, earning both the team and individual championship at the Dartmouth Invitational. The team won by 14 strokes with an even par, while sophomore Chloe Royston was the event's champion by five shots.
- Royston's victory was the first of her career, coming after firing an eight-under 136. The second 18 holes included a career-best 66 for Royston, which is tied for the best round by a Harvard player in program history.
- The Crimson took 10th at the Princeton Invitational Sept. 28-29, with sophomore Anina Ku leading the team in 18th-place overall (73-76, +5).
- Harvard put up a fourth-place result at the Yale Invite, with Ku finishing second overall at -3 (72-69-69).
- Harvard captured its eighth Ivy title in 2019, including its sixth in eight seasons, to advance to the NCAA regional championships in Michigan.
At The Helm
Fred Schernecker '89 is in his 22nd season as The Paul M. Weissman '52 Director of Harvard Golf, while Kevin Rhoads is in his 16th season at the helm of the women's program, while also leading the men's for eight seasons. Rhoads has steered the Crimson to eight Ivy League championships, including six of the past eight.