(photo credit Gil Talbot)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Keely Moy's goal at 14:14 of the third period and over two minutes with Reed pulled from the net was not enough for the Harvard women's hockey team (4-6-1) to overcome Maine's two-goal lead as the Crimson fell 2-1 to the Black Bears on Friday night at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center.
Reed posted 27 saves in net while Keely Moy denied the Black Bears' shutout with a power-play tally at 14:14 of the third period.
- Harvard outshot Maine 41-29.
- The Crimson held a 28-27 edge at the faceoff dot.
- Keely Moy scored her third goal of the season, with assists from Brooke Jovanovich and Kyra Willoughby.
- Harvard went 1-4 on the power-play while Maine went 0-3.
- Harvard is now 9-1 all-time against Maine.
- Harvard is 1-1 against Hockey East teams this season.
Harvard is set to close out 2018 with a matinee matchup at New Hampshire tomorrow at 2 p.m. The game will be played at the Whittemore Center in Durham and will be streamed live on New Hampshire's YouTube channel.