(photo credit Gil Talbot)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's hockey team (10-11-3, 8-8-2 ECAC Hockey) is set to play for its 15th Beanpot title on Tuesday at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center. After defeating No. 7/7 Boston College 4-1 in last week's semifinal, the Crimson will take on the Boston University Terriers in the championship game for the first time since 2008. The 8 p.m. puck drop will be broadcast on ESPN+, NESNPlus as well as TSN.
What to Know
- Harvard is 18-3-1 against Boston University in Beanpot games.
- The Crimson will be appearing in its tournament leading 29th championship game.
- Brooke Jovanovich has scored at least one goal in each of the last three games, including two against No. 7/7 Boston College in the semifinal last week.
- Katey Stone has led Harvard to 11 Beanpot titles in her tenure.
- The last time Harvard won the Beanpot was 2015, which was also the last time it hosted.
- Liza Ryabkina '11 will be inducted into the Beanpot Hall of Fame between the consolation and championship games on Tuesday.
Harvard will celebrate the Class of 2019 this weekend, with a Friday matchup against St. Lawrence at 6 p.m. and a Saturday contest with Clarkson, set for 3 p.m.