CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's hockey team (0-0-0, 0-0-0 ECAC Hockey) is set to open the 2019-20 campaign this Friday at Dartmouth (0-0-0, 0-0-0 ECAC Hockey). In addition to the matchup being the season debut, it will also ignite the ECAC Hockey and Ivy League seasons. Harvard is primed for success this year, fielding a 25 player roster that includes 19 returning players and standout netminder Lindsay Reed.
What to Know
- Harvard has received votes in each of the first six USCHO.com and five USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls.
- Eight of Harvard's top 10 scorers return from last season.
- Harvard returns one of the top goaltenders in the nation, Lindsay Reed, who raked in multiple postseason honors and led all rookie netminders with a .940 save percentage.
- The Crimson added six newcomers to the roster.
- The Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women's Ice Hockey, Katey Stone, enters her 25th season at the helm of the program.
At the Helm
One of the most well-known coaches in college hockey, Katey Stone, enters her 25th season as The Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women's Ice Hockey. Throughout her storied career, Stone has coached 13 Olympians, 24 All-America selections, six Patty Kazmaier winners and has accumulated a 476-239-53 overall record.
Harvard continues ECAC Hockey action next weekend with home contests against Brown and Yale. The Crimson will take on the Bears Friday, Nov. 1 at 3:30 p.m. and will return on Saturday to face the Bulldogs at 3 p.m. Both games will be broadcast on ESPN+ and Friday's tilt will also be televised on NESN.