CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's hockey team (1-0-0, 1-0-0 ECAC Hockey) will officially open the Bright-Landry Hockey Center this weekend with contests against Brown (0-2-0, 0-0-0 ECAC Hockey) and Yale (2-0-0, 0-0-0 ECAC Hockey). The Crimson will first welcome the Bears on Friday, Nov. 1 at 3:30 p.m., a matchup that will air on both ESPN+ and NESN. Then, on Saturday, Harvard will take on the Bulldogs at 3 p.m. Fans can watch game two on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Harvard is coming off an impressive 7-4 win against Dartmouth last weekend.
- In that game, four different players had three or more points and 13 career highs were tied or reset in the match.
- Harvard has received votes in the national polls each of the six weeks they've run.
- The Crimson owns a 49-31-7 all-time record against the Bears and leads Yale 74-11-6.
- Fans will have a chance to win giftcards to Black Sheep Bagel Cafe at both Friday and Saturday's games.
At the Helm
One of the most well-known coaches in college hockey, Katey Stone, enters her 25th season as The Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women's Ice Hockey. Throughout her storied career, Stone has coached 13 Olympians, 24 All-America selections, six Patty Kazmaier winners and has accumulated a 476-239-53 overall record, prior to the 2019-20 season.
Harvard will hit the road next weekend for contests at Princeton and Quinnipiac.