NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Harvard women's hockey team (6-4-0, 6-0-0 ECAC Hockey) snapped its four-game losing streak with a 4-2 victory over Yale (6-6-0, 3-4-0 ECAC Hockey) on Friday night at Ingalls Rink. Kristin Della Rovere posted her second hat-trick of the season and Harvard's first natural hat trick since October 2012.
Petrie opened scoring at 10:07 of the opening frame, flipping in her own rebound inside the crease. Della Rovere followed with her first score of the game just 29 seconds later to put the Crimson up 2-0. The sophomore lit the lamp for the second time at 18:31 of the first, punching in a rebound from Petrie. Della Rovere would complete the hat trick at 13:22 of the second period on a loose puck out front of the net. The Caledon East, Ontario native's natural hat trick was the first by a Harvard player since October 2012.
The Bulldogs answered for the first time all game with a strike at 2:17 of the final frame, cutting the lead to three goals. Yale broke through again at 9:45 of the third on a quick clip from the left faceoff dot. The Bulldogs' late surge was not enough to erase the quick start from Harvard, solidifying the final at 4-2.
- Kristin Della Rovere scored her second hat trick of the season. Her last was in the season opener at Dartmouth.
- Dominique Petrie is the third player this season to tally three assists in a game and recorded her second four-point outing of the year. Becca Gilmore also has one four-point night to her name.
- The last time Harvard swept Yale in the season series by a five-goal margin or more was 2012-13 (4-0, 3-1)
- Harvard posted 19 blocks to Yale's 11.
- Both teams went 0-1 on the power-play.
The Crimson returns tomorrow in Providence, R.I. to take on the Brown Bears.