CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's hockey team (10-4-0, 9-0-0 ECAC Hockey) extended its win streak to five games on Saturday afternoon at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center with a 3-0 win over Rensselaer (0-20-1, 0-10-0 ECAC Hockey). Junior netminder Becky Dutton shined in her season debut, posting her first career shutout that included 21 saves.
Harvard opened scoring at 13:44 of the opening frame when Kristin Della Rovere dug the puck from the Rensselaer goalie at the corner of the net, allowing Anne Bloomer to light the lamp from the crease. The second period was just as quiet until 15:44 when Dominique Petrie scored her sixth goal this week, 10th this season, just nine seconds into a power-play opportunity. The Crimson would seal the final score at 8:48 of the third when Maryna Macdonald rifled a rocket from the point for her first of the year.
- Becky Dutton made her season debut, recording 21 saves and earning her first career shutout.
- Dominique Petrie scored her 10th goal of the season, sixth this week, on a power-play in the second period.
- Maryna Macdonald scored her first goal of the season.
- In February, Harvard will look to sweep the Engineers for the third straight season.
- The Crimson dominated at the faceoff dot, winning 27 of 41 draws (.659)
The Crimson will remain at Bright-Landry next weekend to take on Quinnipiac and Princeton.