CAMBRIDGE, Mass.– The Harvard women's rugby team is set to travel to Hamden, Connecticut to kick off its 2018 campaign against Quinnipiac on Saturday, Sept. 1. The game is slated for a 1 p.m. start, and will be broadcast on Quinnipiac All-Access.
How to Follow
Broadcast – vs. Quinnipiac - Quinnipiac All-Access
What to Know
- The Crimson went 4-3-1 during the fall 15s season. The team made appearances in the Ivy Tournament championship and the NIRA national semifinals.
- Harvard is led by a strong senior class, with a total of nine on the roster, including six in the starting lineup.
- Harvard returns three NIRA All-Americans to the starting lineup, including seniors Caitlin Weigel, Jenny Kronish and Milan Roberts.
- Last season, the Crimson defeated Quinnipiac in 7s competition, 48-0. Last year's victory gave Harvard its first win against Quinnipiac, bringing the series to 1-5 all time.
- The team welcomes two talented freshmen to the squad, Cassidy Bargell and Sofie Fella. Bargell, a high school All-American for 7s and 15s and first team all-state all four years of high school. Fella competed on the German U18 national team and she was a part of the European U18 champion team.
At the Helm
Mel Denham returns for her second season with the women's rugby team. In her inaugural season, she posted a 21-14-1 record across the 15s and 7s seasons.
Harvard will return home to Cambridge for its home opener Saturday, September 8 against Army West Point at 1 p.m. The game will mark the team's first broadcast appearance on ESPN+.