CAMBRIDGE, Mass.– The second-ranked Harvard women's rugby team (8-1) will take on No. 1 Dartmouth (8-1) in the NIRA National Championship game. The game will commence at 1 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 at Dartmouth's Scully-Fahey field and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
How to Follow:
Broadcast – ESPN+
Twitter - @RadcliffeRugby
What to Know:
- The No. 2 Crimson comes into the championship game after defeating No. 3 Quinnipiac 47-8 on Friday.
- This is the program's first appearance in the NIRA National Championship game in program history.
- The Crimson's last meeting with Dartmouth was on October 27, 2018 when they defeated Dartmouth 12-3 on the road to win the Ivy Championship.
- Harvard enters on a six-game win streak.
- Senior Caitlin Weigel is on a six game try streak and leads the team with eleven try's on the season.
- Senior Jenny Kronish contributed 19-total points in the team's win against Quinnipiac on Friday.
At the Helm:
Harvard Head Coach Mel Denham is in her second season with the team. In her inaugural season, she posted a 21-14-1 record across 15s and 7s play. This is her first appearance in the NIRA National Championship.