PROVIDENCE, R.I.- Women's Rugby (5-1) ended its regular season on a high note with a 42-14 victory over Brown (4-3).
Following an early score by Brown, Harvard would go on to score 42 unanswered points en route to the win. First-year Brogan Mior put the Crimson on the board with a try and conversion to tie the game at 7-7. Junior Arianna Romero would follow with her first of two tries on the day to add to the Crimson's lead, 12-7.
The Crimson kept rolling in the second half when Sofie Fella touched down for her first try of the day in the 47th minute to make it 27-7. Minutes later senior Emily Prentice punched it in for a score followed by a quick strike from Brogan Mior to put Harvard up 37-7.
The almost 60-minute scoring run from the Crimson was capped off by Arianna Romero's second try to make the final 42-14.
- Junior Arianna Romero and first-year Brogan Mior each had two tries to lead the team on the day.
- Harvard put together a 42-0 scoring run that stretched 59 minutes.
- The Crimson extended its win streak to four in a row heading into the postseason.
- Harvard has now won four straight meetings against Brown in 15s play.
- The Crimson ends the regular season undefeated in Ivy League play at 2-0.
Harvard will take on Dartmouth to defend its Ivy League championship on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 11 a.m. The game is scheduled to be broadcast on ESPN+.