Women's Soccer Earns 1-1 Draw with Dartmouth on Senior Day

Mosbacher evened the score with her second of the year (Office of Athletic Communications).

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Harvard women's soccer team played to a 1-1 draw with Dartmouth Saturday afternoon in the team's final game at Jordan Field.

Harvard (7-7-2, 4-1-1 Ivy League) honored its five graduating seniors with an on-field Senior Day ceremony prior to the match. Haley Washburn, Lauren Varela, Alika Keene, Emily Mosbacher and Brooke Dickens helped the Crimson to two Ivy League championships during their tenure in Cambridge and a total of 39 wins.

Mosbacher was Harvard's lone goal scorer, netting her second of the year off a feed from Margaret Purce. The senior finished the afternoon with five shots, including three on goal, with Purce firing seven to give the Crimson a 19-13 advantage in shots.

Lizzie Durack registered six saves in goal to earn the draw.

Harvard controlled play in the first half and held a 6-2 edge in shots. Purce fired three shots in the frame with her final attempt from well outside the box forcing Dartmouth goalkeeper Casey Cousineau to make a diving save. The Big Green immediately countered on the other end, but Holly Patterson's shot found the right post to keep the scoresheet clean.

Mosbacher had a look just before half, but Cousineau was again in position to make the stop.

Harvard earned the first opportunity in the second half as Dani Stollar worked her way into the box. Her shot was handled by Cousineau, however, and Dartmouth countered the other way with Lucielle Kozlov streaking down the right sideline. Kozlov's certering pass missed its original target but found Lindsay Knutson, who tapped it into the upper 90 for a 1-0 lead in the 56th minute.

The Crimson answered just three minutes later as Purce played a free kick into the box to a waiting Mosbacher. The senior was able to out-position her defender and head the ball into the back of the goal for her second tally of the year, evening the score at one apiece.

Both teams had opportunites down the stretch but were unnable to take advantage, sending the match into overtime.

Bailey Gary nearly ended it in the 99th minute when her crossing pass went off the crossbar, and a Purce header in the 106th minute found the bar as well. Purce had one final look to end the game, but her attempt from distance went high before the clock expired.

Harvard will be back in action next Saturday, Nov. 7 as it closes out its season at Columbia at 4 p.m.