CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard's No. 1 women's squash team made a strong opening statement in its season opener, downing No. 9 Stanford on its home court, 8-1.
The Crimson earned its 11th-straight win over the Cardinal and improved to 1-0 on the year. Harvard won in convincing fashion, downing Stanford by a total game score of 28-5.
The Crimson will return to the courts Dec. 1 at Dartmouth for a 5 p.m. matchup.
Harvard 8, Stanford 1
1. Kayley Leonard def. Madeleine Gill - (3-1)
2. Alyssa Mehta def. Sarah Bell - (3-0)
3. Katie Tutrone def. Tara Shannon - (3-0)
4. Sue Ann Yong def. Zandra Ho - (3-0)
5. Dileas MacGowan def. Christina Huchro - (3-0)
6. Sophie Mehta def. Anna Marie Manning - (3-0)
7. Isabelle Dowling def. Tatyanna H. Dadabbo - (3-1)
8. Caroline Monrad def. Lucy Rowe - (3-2)
9. Grayson M. Melby def. Keegan Mendez - (3-0)