CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The undefeated and top-ranked Harvard women's squash team will look to capture its fifth-consecutive Howe Cup, beginning with No. 8 Drexel at the 2019 CSA Women's Team National Championships. The quarterfinal match is set for 1:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22, at Trinity. The winner of the match will move on to the semifinal round against the victor of the No. 5 Yale and No. 4 Stanford matchup.
How to Follow:
Tournament Page – Bracket
Twitter - @HarvardSquash
Instagram - @HarvardSquash
What to Know:
- Harvard and Drexel have only played once in series history, with the Crimson besting the Dragons, 9-0 (Jan. 28, 2018).
- The Crimson enter tournament play with a 62-game win streak, dating back to the 2014-15 season (Jan. 12).
- Harvard finished with a perfect 90-0 record in regular-season individual matches en route to completing the campaign with 10 consecutive 9-0 team scores.
- Senior Sabrina Sobhy was named the Ivy League Player of the Year and joined teammates juniors Gina Kennedy and Amelia Henley, and senior Kayley Leonard as first-team all-Ivy selections.
- The Gregory Lee '87 and Russell Ball '88 Endowed Coach for Harvard University Mike Way earned his fifth-consecutive Ivy League Coach-of-the-Year honor.
The winner of Friday's match will take on the winner of the No. 5 Yale and No. 4 Stanford on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 2 p.m. at Trinity.