HARTFORD, Conn. – The top-ranked Harvard women's squash team (12-0) continued its dominance, sweeping No. 4 Stanford, 9-0, Saturday at Trinity College. The win advances the Crimson to the CSA Team National Championship match, set to be played Sunday at 2:30 p.m., against the winner of the Trinity and Princeton matchup.
Harvard made quick work of Stanford, defeating the Cardinal 3-0 in all but one matchup. Ivy League Player of the Year Sabrina Sobhy took care of business as the team's No. 1, defeating Elena Wagenmans, 11-6, 11-3, 12-10. Junior Gina Kennedy continued her dominant play, dismissing Casey Wong, 11-4, 11-3, 11-7. Rounding out the top-three was junior Amelia Henley, who bested Chloe Chemtob, 11-3, 11-8, 11-2.
First-year Amina Yousry played well against Tara Shannon, coming up with the victory, 11-8, 11-2, 12-10, at the fifth position. Fellow first-year Hana Moataz impressed as the team's No. 6, defeating Lucy Rowe handily, 11-3, 11-2, 11-2. Senior Sophie Mehta, meanwhile, controlled her match, defeating Juliette Love, 11-5, 11-4, 11-4.
- The Crimson extends its win streak to 64-consecutive wins, dating back to the 2014-15 season (Jan. 12).
- The team will look to capture its fifth-consecutive Howe Cup and the 20th in program history.
- Harvard continues its unbeaten streak against Stanford with an all-time record of 16-0.
- On the season, the Crimson have yet to lose a game, winning all 108 individual matches they have played.
- Junior Eleonore Evans and sophomore Hannah Craig played well, both earning 3-0 wins Saturday.
- This week, senior Sabrina Sobhy earned the 2018-19 Ivy League Player of the Year award. She was joined by Gina Kennedy, Amelia Henley and Kayley Leonard as First-Team All-Ivy recipients.
- Gregory Lee '87 and Russell Ball '88 Endowed Coach for Harvard University Mike Way was named Coach of the Year in the Ivy League for his fifth-consecutive season.
Harvard will await the winner of the No. 2 Trinity and No. 3 Princeton match, with the Team National Championship match set for 2:30 p.m. on Sunday at Trinity College.
Harvard University def. Stanford University, 9-0
Sabrina Sobhy def. Elena Wagenmans, 11-6, 11-3, 12-10
Gina Kennedy def. Casey Wong, 11-4, 11-3, 11-7
Amelia Henley def. Chloe Chemtob, 11-3, 11-8, 11-2
Kayley Leonard def. Caroline Neave, 11-8, 11-8, 5-11, 11-7
Amina Yousry def. Tara Shannon, 11-8, 11-2, 12-10
Hana Moataz def. Lucy Rowe, 11-3, 11-2, 11-2
Eleonore Evans def. Amita Gondi, 11-9, 11-3, 11-7
Sophie Mehta def. Juliette Love, 11-5, 11-4, 11-4
Hannah Craig def. M. Grayson Melby, 11-7, 11-6, 11-2