PROVIDENCE, R.I.– Eleven members of the Harvard men's and women's squash programs will compete in the 2019 Collegiate Squash Association's (CSA) Individual Championship hosted at the Nicol Squash Club at Moses Brown School in Providence beginning Friday, with the championship matches on Sunday. The women will send six members, including four in the Ramsay Cup: A Division, while the men will send five players, four in the Pool Trophy: A Division.
How to Follow:
Twitter - @HarvardSquash
Instagram - @HarvardSquash
Ramsay Cup: A Division
Helen Teegan (Yale) vs. No. 1 Sabrina Sobhy
Salma T. Alam Eldin (Trinity) vs. No. 3 Gina Kennedy
Madlen S. O'Connor (Columbia) vs. No. 6 Amelia Henley
Lucy Beecroft (Yale) vs. No. 10 Kayley Leonard
Holleran Cup: B Division East
Margaret Davey (Conn. College) vs. Eleonore Evans
Holleran Cup B Division West:
Lilly L Soroko (Amherst) vs. Sophie Mehta
Pool Trophy: A Division
Matias Knudsen (Drexel) vs. No. 2 Victor Crouin
Mohamed El Gawarhy (St. Lawrence) vs. No. 7 Marwan Tarek
Aly Abou El Einen (Penn) vs. No. 10 Timothy Brownell
Ashley Davis (Rochester) vs. No. 16 Samuel Scherl
Molloy Cup: B Division East
Robin Singh Mann (Columbia) vs. Julien Gosset
What to Know:
- The men's team comes into Individual Nationals two weeks removed from defeating Trinity, 9-0, in the title match at the Team National Championships.
- The women's team also bested Trinity, 9-0, in the team's National Championship game last Sunday.
- All six women's players come into the season undefeated after finishing each of matches by a 9-0 margin this season.
- First-year Marwan Tarek comes into Individual Nationals leading the way with 14 wins, while Timothy Brownell follows with 12.
- Junior Gina Kennedy will look to advance to her third-consecutive National Championship match.
- Last year, David Ryan captured the men's squash national title last season for the men's program.