CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – In its first contest of the season, Harvard women's squash rolled over 17th-ranked Tufts, 9-0. The Crimson picked up where it left off a year ago, extending its win streak to 66 matches with the win. Harvard also moves to 15-0 all-time against their in-state foe.
The match started with wins from Hannah Craig, Amina Yousry, Eleonore Evans and Brittany Sun to take a 4-0 lead. All four Harvard players swept their opponents, 3-0.
Junior Maddie Chai clinched the win for the Crimson after defeating her opponent in the fifth pairing, 11-2, 11-1, 11-4.
Harvard would go on to sweep the Jumbos to record its first victory of the 2019-20 campaign.
- First-years Charlotte Orcutt, Harbour Woodward, Brittany Sun and Evie Coxon all won their first collegiate matches.
- Junior Hannah Craig dominated in her match, winning 11-1, 11-4, 11-2.
- Sophomore Hana Moataz won her first career match at the No. 1 position, 11-4, 11-7, 11-7.
- The Crimson extended its win streak to 66 matches.
- Harvard is now 15-0 all-time vs. Tufts, dating back to 1975.
- Hana Moataz def. Claire Davidson (Tufts) 3-0: 11-4, 11-7, 11-7
- Amina Yousry def. Isabella Schneider (Tufts) 3-0: 11-3, 11-4, 11-5
- Eleonore Evans def. Catherine Shanahan (Tufts) 3-0: 11-6, 11-2, 11-4
- Evie Coxon def. Diya Sanghi (Tufts) 3-0: 11-3, 11-8, 11-2
- Maddie Chai def. Rachel Windreich (Tufts) 3-0: 11-2, 11-1, 11-4
- Hannah Craig def. Radhika Joshi (Tufts) 3-0: 11-1, 11-4, 11-2
- Charlotte Orcutt def. Abhilasha Bhasin (Tufts) 3-0: 11-3, 11-3, 11-1
- Brittany Sun def. Beverly Vo (Tufts) 3-0: 11-2, 11-2, 11-5
- Harbour Woodward def. (Tufts) 3-0: 11-5, 11-6, 11-4
The Crimson will now set its sights on its first Ivy League matchup with Dartmouth on Dec. 3.