CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard women's squash (12-0, 5-0 Ivy) is now one win closer to an Ivy League title, after it defeated the No. 13 Brown Bears (5-7, 0-6 Ivy), 8-1. The Friday night win was the 78th victory in a row and Harvard's 56th consecutive win at the Murr Center Squash Courts. The Crimson outscored the Bears 26-4 on its way to its 12th win of the season.
Gina Kennedy got the action started with a big 3-0 win at the first singles position. Kennedy ran away with the decision after outscoring her opponent, 33-5. Amelia Henley and Amina Yousry followed her lead, winning their matches 3-0 at the second and third positions, respectively. Henley outscored her opponent, 33-8, while Yousry tallied a 33-12 cumulative-score victory.
Eleonore Evans continued her win streak with a 3-0 victory at the fourth pairing, outscoring her opponent, 33-12, in the process. Maddie Chai, Hannah Craig and Grace Steelman all added 3-0 wins on the night. The eighth win went to first-year Brittany Sun, who earned a 3-1 victory at the eighth group.
- Senior co-captain Amelia Henley is on a team-best 47-match winning streak.
- Senior co-captain Gina Kennedy won her 35th consecutive match.
- Eleonore Evans and Hannah Craig both improved their perfect records to 12-0.
- Harvard has posted a combined individual record of 98-10 on the season.
- The Crimson has now won 78 consecutive matches, and 56 consecutive matches at the Murr Center Squash Courts.
Harvard travels down I-84 to New Haven, Connecticut for a matchup with No. 4 Yale. A win would give Harvard at least a share of the Ivy League title. Match time is set for 12 p.m., and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Harvard – 8, Brown – 1
- Gina Kennedy def. Alexa Jacobs, 3-0 (11-0, 11-1, 11-4)
- Amelia Henley def. Hannah Seckendorf, 3-0 (11-2, 11-2, 11-4)
- Amina Yousry def. Abigail Dichter, 3-0 (11-1, 11-7, 11-4)
- Eleonore Evans def. Danielle Benstock, 3-0 (11-2, 11-1, 11-9)
- Maddie Chai def. Isabella Kearns, 3-0 (11-3, 11-8, 11-2)
- Hannah Craig def. Scarlett Bergam, 3-0 (11-2, 11-4, 11-5)
- Grace Steelman def. Catherine Kimmel, 3-0 (11-5, 11-8, 11-4)
- Brittany Sun def. Sara Syed, 3-1 (11-9, 10-12, 15-13, 11-4)
- Esha Lakhotia def. Annika Engstrom, 3-2 (6-11, 11-7, 11-5, 9-11, 6-11)