NEW HAVEN, Conn. - For the fifth-straight season, at least a share of the Ivy League title will belong to the Harvard Crimson. The nation's top-ranked team clinched a share of the crown on Sunday with a 9-0 victory over the No. 4 Yale Bulldogs. The Crimson's (13-0, 6-0 Ivy) sixth shutout of the season powered it to its 11th-straight victory over its Ivy League foe.
The match of the night belonged to Maddie Chai, who outscored her opponent 33-12 on her way to a convincing 3-0 win at the sixth position. Hannah Craig and Eleonore Evans kept their perfect seasons alive, picking up 3-0 and 3-1 victories, respectively. First-years Evie Coxon and Charlotte Orcutt both put up strong scores, registering 3-0 decisions at the eighth and ninth positions.
- Senior co-captain Amelia Henley is on a team-best 48-match winning streak.
- Senior co-captain Gina Kennedy won her 36th consecutive match.
- Eleonore Evans and Hannah Craig both improved their perfect records to 13-0.
- Harvard has posted a combined individual record of 107-10 on the season.
- The Crimson has now won 79 consecutive matches and 25 consecutive matches away from the Murr Center.
- Harvard outscored the Bulldogs, 27-3, in the matchup.
Harvard will look to complete its undefeated season next weekend, as it travels to Ithaca, New York for a tilt with the No. 11 Cornell Big Red. The match is slated to be played on Saturday, Feb. 15 at 12 p.m.
Harvard – 9, Yale – 0
- Gina Kennedy def. Lucy Beecroft, 3-1 (10-12, 11-4, 11-2, 11-7)
- Amelia Henley def. Helen Teegan, 3-0 (11-3, 11-7, 11-4)
- Hana Moataz def. Elisabeth Ross, 3-0 (13-11, 11-6, 11-9)
- Amina Yousry def. Brianna Jefferson, 3-1 (11-2, 9-11, 11-5, 11-6)
- Eleonore Evans def. Aishwarya Bhattacharya 3-1 (11-6, 15-17, 12-10, 11-3)
- Maddie Chai def. Gigi Yeung, 3-0 (11-3, 11-4, 11-5)
- Hannah Craig def. Riya Mital, 3-0 (11-8, 11-6, 11-7)
- Evie Coxon def. Alexis Lazor, 3-0 (11-4, 11-8, 11-2)
- Charlotte Orcutt def. Nikita Joshi, 3-0 (11-2, 11-7, 11-3)