CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's swimming and diving team is slated to head west to Los Angeles to compete against UCLA and San Diego. The double-dual meet at Spieker Aquatics Center is scheduled to commence at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT.
How to Follow
What to Know
- The Crimson resumes its dual-meet season after nearly two months of competing at invitationals. Harvard opened the 2018-19 campaign with a double-dual victory over Cornell and Dartmouth in Ithaca, N.Y., before defeating Columbia at home.
- The meet in the Westwood will feature a pair of unbeaten teams in Harvard (3-0; 3-0 Ivy League) and UCLA (3-0; 3-0 Pac-12), and a Torero squad that is 4-3 on the year and winners of four straight.
- Harvard is back in action after last competing at the Hall of Fame Invitational (swimmers) in Austin, Texas, and the Georgia Fall Invitational (divers) in Athens, Georgia. The Crimson divers are currently at the Wally Nakamoto Hawai'i Diving Invitational.
- A number of season bests were established and a handful of NCAA Qualifying B Standards were reached at the Hall of Fame Invite. Leading the way was Miki Dahlke, who hit B Standards in the 100, 200 and 500 freestyle and the 100 butterfly. Samantha Shelton, meanwhile, was nearly as impressive, reaching B Standards in the 200 free, backstroke and individual medley.
- The divers had a strong showing on the 3-meter board in Athens with Mikaela Thompson setting a season best with 290.50 points and reaching the NCAA Qualifying Standard. Georgina Milne, Megan Galbreath and Katherine Miclau also established season highs at the meet.
At The Helm
Stephanie Wriede Morawski '92 is in her 22nd season as The Costin Family Head Coach for Harvard Women's Swimming and Diving. She is looking to guide the Crimson to another Ivy League title after claiming the crown last year. Harvard has won 13 Ivy League championships in program history.
Harvard starts a homestand on Jan. 12, when it welcomes Brown and Penn to Blodgett Pool. The Ivy League showdown is slated for a noon start and will air on ESPN+.