CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's tennis team begins its spring slate Sunday against Rhode Island at 2 p.m. at the Murr Center Courts. The season opener will be broadcast on ESPN+.
How to Follow:
Twitter – @HarvardWTennis
What to Know:
- Harvard leads the all-time series against Rhode Island, 5-0, last beating the Rams, 7-0 (Feb. 3, 2018).
- The Crimson concluded the fall season at the Harvard Invitational, putting up strong performances against Michigan State, Georgetown, Syracuse and Boston University. Over that weekend, the team earned 10 singles victories and five doubles wins.
- Senior Erica Oosterhout is coming off a strong fall season, winning three times at the ITA Masters Invitational and twice in the ITA All-American Qualifying bracket.
- Oosterhout was also No. 67 in the national preseason poll, the highest returner in the Ivy League.
- Junior Jenna Friedel impressed at the ITA Regionals, advancing to the singles semifinals during the fall season.
Leading the Way:
Traci Green, the Sheila Kelly Palandjian Head Coach for Harvard Women's Tennis, enters her 12th season as the second-winningest coach in Crimson women's tennis history with a 123-103 record. Last season, she guided Harvard to a 14-9 overall record, including a 6-1 Ivy League record.
The Crimson's season-opening stretch of six consecutive home games continues with a match Friday against Miami of Ohio at 3 p.m., followed by a doubleheader on Sunday against Fordham (10 a.m.) and Marist (1:30 p.m.). All home matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.