Cambridge, Mass. – It was an exciting night of tennis at the Murr Center Tennis Courts, as the match between the Crimson and the Boston College Eagles came down to the final pairing. The Crimson (1-1, 0-0 Ivy) gave the Eagles everything they could handle, but dropped the contest 4-3.
Harvard picked up three wins in singles play, putting the pressure on the Eagles. Sophia Ho continued her strong play with a win at the second pairing, 6-4, 6-4. Eason carried over her success from the doubles court, winning her matchup on court four, 6-4, 7-5.
Jenna Friedel's straight sets win on the first court evened the score at 3 wins apiece. The final point was decided in the fifth pairing, where Natasha Gonzalez was locked in a battle with Laura Lopez. After losing the first set 7-5, Gonzalez put together an impressive 7-6 second-set victory. Gonzalez dropped the third set, 2-6, which clinched the match for the Eagles.
- Senior Jenna Friedel came out strong on court one, defeating Boston College's Yufei Long in straight sets, 6-3, 7-6. Long was ranked 45th in the ITA's preseason poll.
- Ho's win on court two was her ninth singles win of the season, good for second on the team.
- Eason and Friedel teamed up on the doubles court for the first time this season, putting together a 6-3 win at the first pairing.
- Eason's win at the fourth pairing improved her singles record to 7-3.
Harvard will be back in action tomorrow afternoon when they host Fordham at 3 p.m. The match will be held at the Murr Center Tennis Courts and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Harvard – 3, Boston College – 4
- Jenna Friedel def. Yufei Long (BC) – 6-3, 7-6
- Sophia Ho def. Kylie Wilcox (BC) – 6-4, 6-4
- Natasha Irani (BC) def. Mihaela Marculescu – 7-5, 6-3
- Rachel Eason def. Dasha Possokhova (BC) – 6-4, 7-5
- Laura Lopez (BC) def. Natasha Gonzaelz – 7-5, 6-7, 6-2
- Elene Tsokilauri (BC) def. Lexi Milunovich – 6-3, 6-3
Order of Finish – 6-2-4-3-1-5