CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard women's tennis (2-1, 0-0 Ivy) put together a complete effort this afternoon, as it swept the Fordham Rams, 7-0. The Crimson finished perfect on the day, winning every set in every match on its way to its second win of the season. Harvard improves its overall singles record to 14-4 and its doubles record to 7-2.
On the doubles courts, the Crimson duo of Natasha Gonzalez and Rachel Lim rolled to a 6-1 victory on the second court. Lexi Milunovich and Demi Snyder's 6-1 victory at the third court clinched the first point for Harvard.
Singles action saw more of the same for the Crimson, as all six participants won their matches in straight sets. Senior Jenna Friedel led Harvard with a 7-5, 6-2 upset win over No. 74 Arina Taluyenko of Fordham.
- First-year Mihaela Marculescu earned her team-leading 11th singles victory of the season.
- Sophomore Rachel Eason and first-year Sophia Ho are 3-0 in dual-match play.
- The doubles duo of Friedel and Eason posted two key doubles victories this weekend.
The Crimson is back in action next weekend when it takes on the Massachusetts Minutemen at the Murr Center Tennis Courts on Sunday, Feb. 2. This is Harvard's final tune up before the ECAC tournament on Feb. 7.
Harvard – 7, Fordham – 0
- Jenna Friedel def. Arina Taluyenko – 7-5, 6-2
- Sophia Ho def. Valeriya Deminova – 6-4, 6-4
- Rachel Eason def. Maia Balce – 6-1, 7-6(5)
- Mihaela Marculescu def. Avery Aude – 6-0, 6-3
- Rachel Lim def. Weronicka Pociej – 6-3, 6-2
- Natasha Gonzalez def. Genevieve Quenville – 6-0, 7-5