CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's volleyball team will return to Cambridge this weekend after a three-match road stint, hosting Penn and Princeton at the Malkin Athletic Center, Friday and Saturday, Oct. 5 and 6. Matches are slated to begin at 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- The Crimson will enjoy five home contests at the Malkin Athletic Center this month and will look to preserve its unbeaten record at home this weekend, having won both matches in the month of September.
- Harvard is 5-7 on the season, searching for its first Ivy League win of the year after dropping two conference matches to Cornell and Columbia last weekend and falling to 0-3 in conference play.
- After a banner weekend, Christina Cornelius earned a spot on the Ivy League Honor Roll for posting a team-high .484 hitting percentage off 15 kills and zero errors against Columbia.
- Defensively, Cornelius and Maclaine Fields lead the team at the net with 1.06 and 1.00 blocks per set. The duo's marks place in the top ten in the Ivy League, ringing in at fifth and eighth, respectively.
- First-year Bella Almanza is currently on track to etching her name in the Harvard record books, having registered 312 assists at the midpoint of the season with a team-best 6.24 assists per set.
Leading the Way
Head coach Jennifer Weiss is in the midst of her 26th season at the helm of the program, where she has accumulated a 145-150 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 80 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
Harvard will make the short trip down to Ivy foes Brown and Yale next weekend, Oct. 12 and 13. First serves are set for 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, and will be broadcast on ESPN+.